Passage CD Download
Be the first to receive your digital download files and/or physical copy of Cody Coyote's new album "Passage"!
Passage Calls to action
It's time to mobilize!
1. In Canada: Contact your local Member of Parliament, the Missionary of Oblates of Mary Immaculate in Canada and the Vatican to release the names of all Priests, Nuns and faculty who operated at Canadian Residential Schools and make them public record.
Outside of Canada: Call on the Government of Canada the Missionary of Oblates of Mary Immaculate in Canada and the Vatican to release the names of all Priests, Nuns and faculty who operated at Canadian Residential Schools and make them public record.
2. Call on the Government of Canada and the crown to arrest all known abusers who either operated or attended former Canadian Indian Residential Schools. This includes Priests, Nuns, faculty and students.
3. Call on the Pope for the dissolution of the Doctrine of Discovery. The Doctrine of Discovery essentially says if you are a Christian European settler you can go anywhere and either convert people, enslave or kill them in the name of God. This an international framework based on papal bulls that were released from the 1400’s and 1500’s. This framework laid the foundation for how Canada and other countries came to be colonized by European settlers.
4. Call on the Government of Canada and the crown to implement ALL the 94 Calls To Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
5. Call on the Government of Canada and the crown to work alongside Indigenous communities to establish tribal courts and their own culturally appropriate judicial systems in each of their territories that are Indigenous lead.
6. Call on the Government of Canada and the crown to make it mandatory for all workplaces, especially those working with Indigenous people and Indigenous youth to have Indigenous cultural sensitivity training and to create Indigenous leadership roles.
7. Call on the Government of Canada to make it mandatory for school boards nationwide to implement Indigenous lead history, language and culturally relevant curriculum from kindergarten to Grade 12.
8. Familiarize yourself with whose traditional territory you currently live on and if you reside on a territory where treaties were established, learn, understand and abide by your treaty obligations. If you are non-Indigenous, you are a treaty person. If you live on unceded and unsurrendered territory, treaties were not established and host nations should have full control over governance, land claim and title, support them.
9. Donate to the Assembly of Seven Generations at www.a7g.ca/donate.
Zaagi'idiwin means "Mutual love" in Ojibwe and this 6 track EP is focused on the good and the bad found within relationships.
Ma'iinganag means "Wolves" in Anishinaabemowin and was created to embody the good and bad wolf teaching.
Please note that only the digital album is available at this time.